Tracking My Weightloss

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Rut-Roh!

So tomorrow is my weigh-in day. I didn't weigh myself the past couple of days. I've been a baaaaaaaad girl. I bought a box of granola bars on Monday afternoon and ate all ten of those bars in less than two days. Ugh!

I thought I could get away with buying snacks ( like those 90 calorie granola bars, and a pint of low fat vanilla bean ice cream) and that I was strong enough to stretch them across the entire week, but that was NOT the case. I bought them on Monday and finished everything off last night, so obbbbbbviously I'm not as disciplined as I would have hoped!

I have learned that I'm still not strong enough to keep my trigger foods in the house. Me and ice cream should never be left alone. I can eat ice cream, each and every day. In fact eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner would suit me just fine. I'm not going to deprive myself of ice cream completely, but instead of buying an entire pint (and bringing it home), I'm going to limit myself to a scoop or two for dessert at a restaurant (once in a blue moon). The granola bars are not allowed back in the house either...until they learn how to behave and stay in the box! lol

Hopefully, I can work out enough today to still have good results tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Pics and weigh-in figures coming tomorrow!

5 comments:

Bonita Gordita said...

No worries, momma. We all have our danger foods and have to deal with them at some point. Face the scale, own up to it (or rejoice in it) and move on. Each day is new. :)

*ccc* said...

Hope all went well with your WI...and yes, it's a good idea to keep the trigger foods out for a while.

I still can't have Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough in the house. I'll eat it raw, I'll eat it in its intended cookie form. It's bad. And I always tell myself I'll stop at 2 cookies. Never do.

Willpower is overrated. Sometimes, the best thing is to not even fight the craving...and don't allow certain foods anywhere near us.

Good luck!

ElleBee said...

Good luck at your WI tomorrow.

I hear ya about the ice cream....mmm, now the only thing I keep in the house is low fat frozen yogourt and fudgsicles.(They do the trick for me!) My trigger foods are very carb-related, so I avoid having things like thinsations/crackers in the house. Just makes life easier!

Mamacita Chilena said...

Hey, it happens...

I love granola bars too! And my mother in law bought me like 10 boxes the other day because they were on sale at the grocery. I ate one entire box the first day, whcih made me sick...so that taught me my lesson to take it easy on them :)

at least you have recognized that those are your triggers foods and for now they shouldn't be in the house!

Rachel said...

YEAH for you! Way to go. I am always inspried by people who are actually achieving htei goals!!