Tracking My Weightloss

Monday, August 20, 2007

Randomness

This weekend I did next to nothing. I went out for a bit on Saturday. It was just absolutely gorgeous out!!! I long for the days when I can sell the condo and buy a home, just so I can enjoy the sunshine in the comfort of my very own backyard.

I was back in the house by 1pm. JUST when I decide to take a damn nap...someone decides now is a good time to start a parade! Some of you might say...well how nice is that! I'm not one of those people. :- I wanted a nice leisurely nap, but that was impossible because of the horns (traffic being redirected) and crazy loud music! OMG...I almost called the police to complain about the volume. *sigh* Sometimes I just see myself growing into one of those old ladies that sits in her window and complains about every damn thing, just to complain. We had an old biddy like that in my old childhood neighborhood. Boy was she mean! I don't wanna be that, just don't bother me when I'm trying to sleep.

Since I couldn't sleep I decided to go out and watch the parade, though it was more of a street fair actually. La-dee-dah...nothing so exciting about it (though the food looked absolutely delicious - very UN nutricious!). The food looked so good, that I knew it was time for me to step AWAY from the situation and run for cover into my house where all of my trigger foods have already been discarded.

You know what I ended up doing???? Laundry! Yes ladies and gents. On a beautiful Saturday afternoon, I was IN doors doing laundry. What a life! At least I wasn't stuffing my face though!

On Sunday it was absolutely horrible outside...gray overcast skies and quite chilly for an August afternoon, so I curled up on the couch and watched one of my Netflix movies - Three Needles. An excellent movie, broken down into three scenarios. Each detailing how people react to having Aids and the really screwy ways they choose to deal with it and/or ignore it. One man was a p.orn movie actor and HIV positive. Wth a dying father and a mother who barely made ends meet as a waitress, he had to continue making these movies to earn money for the family or at least that was his reasoning. His way of passing the mandatory HIV tests was to extract blood from his father and somehow pass it off as his own at the doc's office. In the meantime he infected five other women...it was crazy. I wont give the movie away in case you want to rent it - it's definitely worth seeing though.

Today I went to the gym. I feel so good after a work out. During the workout, I curse every morsel in my fat body. Today I even had the nerve to whisper...being fat is just not friggin fair...as I sweated and grimaced in pain. The instructor today was on a mission to kill us! She made the music faster, so that every song seemed like Alvin and Chipmunks sung it. This of course made our workout faster. My body was screaminnnnnnnnnnng. I wanted to kill her and then just when I thought I might have to leave class early, forty-five minutes had passed and we were done. Thank Gee Oh Dee!

Working out is grueling, but afterward I felt like yelling...I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR...for sticking to it!

Hope you are sticking to your workout, and your diets (or cutting back as I like to say). If not...don't despair, just get back on the wagon!

1 comment:

Mamacita Chilena said...

hahaha, I'm totally with you...anything or anybody who interrupts my sleep or naps or whatever...they deserve my FULL wrath!!!!! I would be complaining about a parade too if it were during my rest time!