Tracking My Weightloss

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday Weigh - in

I haven't posted in a lonnnnnnnnng minute, but I haven't been slacking on this weight loss thang and I have not given up on this blog! This is the one place I can gripe about my weight loss goals and concerns without judgment and communicate with others who have been there and/or are going through it right now, soooooooo even though I've been slacking in my blogging duties, I have not forgotten about this place. For some strange reason, I feel accountable to those in the blogosphere who read my blog who root for me.

So without further delay, my current weight is 225.9, which is two pounds less than my weight at the last weigh-in and less than one pound away from 25% of my goal. Yay! Can't wait to get out of the 220's for good!

Honestly this week, I haven't been diligently watching what I eat (though this doesn't mean that I just ate whatever was within easy reach either because I didn't), but I really stuck with my work-out routine. In fact, this week instead of working out three days, I did four. Six pack abs here I come!

Why haven't I posted? There has been a lot of family drama (I have the most dysfunctional family members you will ever meet) and work drama (lots of people resigned over the last two weeks), so I have been busy busy busy!

At work, because so many people have left and are still in the process of leaving, I've been invited to drinks after work and going away lunches nearly every day. Some I've had to turn down, but others I couldn't get away from attending. It's not that I didn't want to attend, but always in the back of my mind is whether or not I will be able to eat without stuffing myself. And eating with my co-workers is always hard. Most of them are naturally thin and eat whatever they want, which is usually stuff that I should stay away from unless it's a cheat day. I can't say that I was on my best behavior EVERY time I ate out over the last two weeks, but I will say that more often than not, I practiced restraint. And let me tell you practicing restraint when everyone around you is having huge pieces of meat and huge sides loaded with calories AND alcoholic drinks, was extremely hard! It felt good going home or back to work with a less than full stomach though.

Today is my cheat day! I'm going out to dinner with my cousin to Red Lobster's. Those commercials for the Honey BBQ shrimp and chicken has been calling my name all week. And I can't leave without a piece of warm chocolaty goodness - the chocolate wave cake. I'm salivating as I type this. lol I will try not to stuff my face and throw in a meadley of veggies, but it will be hard!

Hope you have had a good week!

4 comments:

Yana said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere and keep up the good work!!! I'm so impressed! You may be looking at 225 and saying, "Aye!" but I'm looking at 225 and saying, "I can't friggin wait!" You're my inspiration!!

I'm adding you as a connect in my links on my blog!

Keep it going!

Dai

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats on the loss!

BigLoser said...

Thnx Dai & Midnight.

I'm trying daggonit! :-)

Mamacita Chilena said...

good for you, two pounds down is nothing to scoff about!!!