Tracking My Weightloss

Friday, August 3, 2007

Master Cleanse Update

So on Tuesday, my co-worker started that Master Cleanse detox diet. Her regimen includes, drinking the lemon, cayenne pepper and maple syrup concoction throughout the day as well as drinking a laxative tea at night and another laxitive-like liquid in the morning.

As I mentioned, she is attempting to lose twenty pounds in fourteen days. Today she told me she is down five pounds already. At 165 pounds she lost 3% of her body weight - in just two days. Wednesday she was so weak, she couldn't work out with me. On Thursday morning, her morning ritual gave her the 'hershey squirts' so bad she was late for work. She was still weak so that day, she limited her exercise. Today she was late again because of the h.s.

I wont lie, immediately I was jealous and in a strange way angry with her. I couldn't help but think, how much I would love to drop 3% of my body weight in a mere two days. Hell I would even settle for the five pounds she lost! Because I felt like we are supposed to support each other as we fight the same fight. And because she is my work out buddy and the one person at work I can TRULY gripe to about this lifetime committment to eat better for our long term goal, I felt like she was such a CHEATING HYPOCRITE!

I didn't let her know though. I smiled and let her know to be careful about anything that flushes your fluids from your system so excessively and congratulated her on the five pounds. My behavior might be seen as hypocritical too, but I have learned that some people just need to learn on their own.

There is no way that a diet of eating absolutely no food and flushing your system will help you stop stuffing your face - eventually you have to eat. It wont teach you how to eat right and it certainly wont help you manage your weight for the rest of your life.

Slow and steady does win the race. I have to keep telling myself that...and it sounds corny, but it's so true.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

3 comments:

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

You're absolutely right! Slow and steady WILL win the race!

Rachel said...

That is always right...no cheating or shortcuts will get you where you truly want to be!

Mamacita Chilena said...

That's a dangerous kind of diet...in the end she'll probably end up regaining the weight. It's so much easier to keep off what has come off slow and steady. Just keeping on plugging along, you'll get there, don't worry!