Tracking My Weightloss

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Weigh in Day...

Today's reported weight is 228.6, so I am down 2.5 pounds from last week...yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

At first I was pissed. I wanted to see a full five pounds. Shoooooooot, I have been killing myself people, but I do realize because I'm working out four times a week some of that fat is turning into muscle (which of course weighs more). So I guess (though I could be wrong), I'm taking off weight, but I'm putting on muscle so the scale isn't going to reflect the difference accurately...am I making sense???

I'm dying to go shopping, but I refuse to waste money when I know I am not even close to where I want to be. Plus, I have PLENTY of outfits from the skinnier side of the closet, that I STILL can't fit! I tried on a pair of jeans I haven't worn in about 2 to 3 years. They still look brand new. Well I could actually get them on yesterday!!!! Yay again! Now of course they were incredibly skin tight. I wouldn't even think about wearing them outside my bedroom. I'm just ecstatic that I could actually get them up my legs, over my hips AND was able to button them without the button popping off to boomerang off the mirror and take my eye out.

Yesterday I ran into a co-worker I haven't seen in a while and the first thing she did was mention how much slimmer my face looked.

Keep the compliments coming!

3 comments:

Superjayman's Battle of the Bulge said...

Way to go on the loss!!!!! It may come off slower than you want but at least it is coming off.

You rock...also love the blog template!!!

BigLoser said...

*clapping* Yay! My first comment! :-) lol

Thanks Jay...it took years to put it all on, so yeah, I definitely have to accept that it's not going to happen overnight. I'm just so impatient though! lol

Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

I've just found your blog and wanted to tell you congrats on your loss so far.

Try to keep in mind that a healthy weight loss is 1 - 2 pouds a week (and you want to do this the healthy way don't you?)5 pounds a week only happens on shows like the Biggest Loser when they make a dramatic change all at once. Once those people go home and get in a normal routine their 5 pound losses slow way way down too.

I wouldn't blame much on muscle gain quite yet. Even if you lift heavy for a year you will probably put on only 3 to 5 pounds of muscle, average. It's extremely hard to add muscle as a woman. That's why women don't bulk up easily. They're just not built for it! When you do lift you make little tears in your muscles that then hold onto water which is why you can sometimes weigh MORE the day or two after lifting hard.

This whole thing is a leanring game! I hope you'll concentrate on how your clothes are fitting and how great you're feeling about your body because that's going to be the true determining factor.

Best of luck with your weight loss. You're off to a wonderful start!!!