Tracking My Weightloss

Friday, July 27, 2007

Master Cleanse





Over the years I have tried my share of diets. I've tried liquid diets, no carb, no fatty food diets, meatless diets, no eating after 5pm diets, etc. You name it and I have probably tried it. I've been battling the bulge for a long time now, and what I have learned is that dieting is not for me.

Cutting back...that's what I call it. It's about portion control and knowing when to say when. I don't deny myself a treat if I really want it, but now I don't over do it like I used to. Now I really think about it before I just plop it in my mouth. I try to thoroughly enjoy it, so that I'm satisfied and not necessarily left wanting more. This is something I will most likely have to do for the rest of my life.

Anyway, I started thinking about dieting because a friend of mine has decided to try the Master Cleanse. It's billed as this hollistic way to clean out your system, so that backed up waste in your body (waste that normally does not flush out with a normal bowel movement) is thoroughly removed. However, from what I have read, most people use this as a quick way to drop some serious pounds. I also read that even Beyonce used this to quickly drop weight for her role in Dreamgirls. If you notice now though...she has put back on every pound, though she still looks great!

My friend is determined to try that lemon, cayenne, maple syrup concoction, so that she can drop TWENTY pounds in two weeks. She's curently 160 pounds, so she's trying to drop...what is that...nearly 15% of her body weight in two weeks? All I can do is shake my head. Honestly though...I will be completely jealous if she drops twenty pounds in two weeks...I wish I could do that! But at the same time the whole thing just worries me...that can not be healthy.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ýikes! I feel bad for your friend!