Tracking My Weightloss

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Week in Review

Here are a few crafty and helpful little sites, I discovered last week in my blog travels.

Tickerfactory.com is a great website to track your weightloss and your BMI count. As soon as I found the site, I started using it (as you can see from above). It's extremely user friendly and there are all sorts of creative tracker templates to choose from. There is even a chart that tracks your weight history, so you're able to see each and every entry from the first day to the current day. But weight (misspelled intentionally)...there's more (lol), you can also use the 'ticker' to track exercise and fitness, savings, debt reduction, pregnancy milestones and a host of other things, so check it out if you have some free time.

Caloriecontrol.org can calculate how many calories you burn doing the simplest of things. You choose the activity (which can be anything from brushing your teeth, to ironing or walking), add how much time activity will take and include your current weight. Then voila, the number of calories you have burned (or will burn) is calculated.

Fat Loss Secrets You Can Use. I thought this was a great article/blog post. It's kind of on the long side, but if you're serious about losing weight, try to check it out. Most of the tips, I've heard before (and so have you most likely), but some of the tips were new to me like the idea of eating healthy fats. I honestly thought the term to be an oxymoron that all fats were BAD fats, but then I googled it and realized such a thing does exist and healthy fats are just that - healthy for you! Being around like minded people also stuck out for me. Particularly since earlier this week I read about this new study that indicates obesity is 'socially contagious'. There are a lot of interesting tips, so give it a read when you have time.

To Whom Much Is Given...This has to be the most hilariously funny blog post I have read in a very long time. In our weightloss journeys, we are all drinking water, drinking water and drinking some more water!! This post is about what happens when you have to urgently go to the bathroom, but think you have a feeeeeeeeew extra minutes to finish off a memo.

4 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

hahaha, nice links, some of them are pretty funny!

have you tried www.fitday.com?

I LOVE that site! I track all my cals and activities there!

Jazzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BigLoser said...

That last one was hilarious!! lol

Thnx for the tip...I'll definitely check it out!

*ccc* said...

OOH, now that shoe ticker is snazzy! I might need to swipe one of my own...especially since my reward at the end of the journey, along with a healthy new body, is a glitzy pair of shoes...

Love love love it :)